About Animals, Myths & Legends
Another Planet Ozkids Site.
The suggested age range for the site is 8-13 year olds. We say suggested because from past experience, items intended for a younger audience sometimes skip boundaries and can also receive fan mail from adults.
The Myths and Legends
Myths and legends tell us many things about the relationship between animals and the world's indigenous peoples including different interpretations of:
- How the world began
- How people came to be
- How the sun first came to the world
- How beings, half animal-half human, once roamed the world.
Human history and geographical change have always been interwoven with the development of animals, birds and reptiles.
Our modern world struggles to support the growth of industrialised countries while preserving our environment and its animals and people. The ancient wisdom behind myths and legends can give us insight into living in harmony with nature and the animals that inhabit this world.
Goals for this Site
- Provide entertaining and educational content for use in schools and home schooling and for parents and carers to share with children
- Explore myths and legends of many cultures involving animals
- Encourage children to find out more about animals and the natural world
- Present factual information about indigenous people related to myths and legends
- Present factual information about the animals mentioned in myths and legends
- Encourage children to think about issues faced by indigenous people and about concepts and issues for the future development of our world and all its people
- Stimulate children to find out more about the legends and myths of their own country and other cultures
- Encourage children to identify common themes occurring in different cultures.
We cannot be responsible for all material published on the sites listed in our links pages. We ask parents and carers to join their children while they explore the world of myths and legends. Please read carefully our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' for all Planet Ozkids sites.
We ask you to respect the protection of our copyright. Any material sent to us by you or children known to you, must have been created by you or them. The myths and legends must be retold in your own words and the drawings must be original - no copies or tracings of other people's material please. See Terms and Conditions of Use for more details.
Thank you for reading this boring legal stuff, which is necessary for your protection and ours.
We hope you enjoy 'Animals, Myths and Legends.'.